I love a good, healthy muffin recipe. These make a great snack or breakfast for the whole family. The “base” ingredients can be used for kids to create their own muffin recipes as well. My kids get so excited about creating recipes themselves and muffins are a favorite!
Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c milk (dairy free or regular)
- 1 banana
- 2 T almond butter
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 2 c flour (any kind with some gluten, quantities would change with gluten free…I like to use spelt flour or a combo of whole wheat and all purpose flour)
- 1 c blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix egg and milk in large bowl. Add banana, mash it, and mix it. Add almond butter, vanilla, and melted coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and fold into wet ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop mixture into greased muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.